Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:15 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 2007 Cool
Just watched an old YouTube video (2013) showing a Centre Armrest for a C1 in a Grey finish, it's only a 32 seconds long video with no commentary, it's from Germany I think.

It looks the business and it just slots in the centre cup holders, so easy to install and remove, seen them on eBay for sale but only in black unfortunately for me :(

So does anyone have one installed in their bug and are they any good quality wise -were they ever a manufacturer's original part and sold as an accessory or just a third party manufactured accessory part?

Does anyone know if it's possible to still buy one and if so where I can buy one from in a Grey finish and prefer no fixing screws just the slot in the cup holder type.

Any info is always very much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
The grey one that you saw was probably the OEM one and it is very good, very solid and exactly what you would expect a proper OEM part to be like.

I'm in the same situation as you - I would like a black one to match the black interior of my car. Unfortunately the OEM ones were never made in black. In fact, the reason that I know they weren't was because I ordered one off ebay that said it was black, but when it arrived it was actually grey (but at least that's how I know it is a good unit). I asked on here and other people confirmed they only came in grey. The ebay seller was decent enough, they tried to get a black one but confirmed that they couldn't, apologised, took the grey one back and gave me a full refund.

You can get third party alternatives (I have one) but none of them are as solid or as well made as the OEM unit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:21 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 2007 Cool
Thanks for the info, thats interesting. Funny the only ones I can find are in black not grey, so are you saying they must be third-party accessories correct?
Does the one you have fitted have to be screwed in place with four self tapping screws or is held in place on top of the cup holder and can be easily removed when needed?
Are the OEM armrest also screw down in place because I really don't fancy having to screw it in place and having screw holes on the centre console.
I am trying to find one from my local auto breakers or a good condition second hand one, but if the OEM & Third-party armrests have to be screwed in place then I shall give up looking for one!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
I honestly don't recall how the OEM one was fitted but it may have used the bolt towards the back of the centre console. I would imagine that most, if not all, the third party ones will require some sort of screwing into place. The quality of plastic that they are made from is simply not as good as the OEM one. The OEM unit is made from the same fairly thick and decent quality plastic that the centre console is made from, third party units are made of thinner material.

If they are listed as black, then they are either third party units, or the listing is wrong (as it was in my case). OEM black units were not made unfortunately.