Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:36 pm 

Drives: 2010 C1 VTR
PetrolDave wrote:
Enjay wrote:
Rather than going for the Citroen version, you might consider the Toyota version as fitted to the Aygo. Generally, it's a better made unit.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10805

Definitely go for the Aygo version, my C1 Code came with the Citroen version but I found it wouldn't stay closed over rough roads so I swapped it to the Aygo version and that's been perfect for the last 9 years.

There is a little gizmo to stop such an eventuality , eons ago this was discussed and a very inexpensive gizmo it was/is , and available from main dealers for pennies :thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:20 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Is that "gizmo" the latch clip that I mentioned at the bottom of my compare/contrast post?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:50 pm 

I didnt actually use the gizmo , I think it may still be in the glove box!

Will check tomorrow , but certainly it was an extra purchase

Only purchase , as I bought the lid on ebay and the dealer had to order in the gizmo , of which he had never heard or seen previously

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:10 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
I originally had a citroen version, which didn't stay shut properly without the gizmo. I ordered the gizmo off ebay (about £1.50 inc. free delivery), and it kept it shut perfectly. Since hten the citroen version handle broke, so I got the aygo version, clip still in place, so holds it great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:19 pm 

bobthemilk wrote:

Only purchase , as I bought the lid on ebay and the dealer had to order in the gizmo , of which he had never heard or seen previously

Certainly, as far as I remember, none of the ebay ones I looked at included "the gizmo". Very few of the listings even mentioned it. It just so happens that I stumbled upon a listing for the item and realised what it was. Once I knew it was a thing, it was reasonably easy to track one down on ebay - but you've kind of got to be told it's something to at least consider because most lid sellers won't make it obvious that the gizmo even exists.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 pm 

Drives: C1 Vibe 5dr 1.0 2008
I just clipped the Aygo lid into my C1 and off I went. It seems to click into the upper part of the glove box and doesn't drop open, so I hadn't given it any more thought. Is the gizmo like a latch for the lid catch to lock into?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Yeah, the 'gizmo' is the proper latch for the lid to clip into.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 pm 

I actually found that the Citroen lid fitted better without the gizmo. With the gizmo in place, the lid closing was a bit tighter but that made the handle stick out a bit more than it was meant to (i.e. the handle spring wasn't strong enough to force the handle back to its correct resting position). No such problems with the Toyota lid with or without a gizmo (better with because it closes slightly more tightly - but not that much more).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 pm 

bobthemilk wrote:
I didnt actually use the gizmo , I think it may still be in the glove box!

Attachment:
20201005_123636[2].jpg
20201005_123636[2].jpg [ 11.44 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]

Found it , but I was looking for some thing else!! ( age related disorder........... what was I writing ) Apologies for delay , yes latch 'gizmo' and still in packet