Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:35 am 

Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
brixtonboy wrote:
Black Grouse wrote:
I'm looking to buy a C1/107/Aygo 2009-2014 in good condition with working aircon up to 100,000 miles - those are the only absolute requirements - based in Tamworth, Staffs but can travel for the right car - no budget limit as long as priced sensibly.

I am surprised with those Criteria you can't simply pick and choose your car. Ok the A/C might be a slight problem but not too hard to find. 100.000 miles is high, you say it's not a problem ok!
Parts are cheap in the U.K. Any car can be brought up to standard in my opinion. I am curious about what was it that turned you away from the cars that you had a look at without speaking to a salesman.

I guess I'm more picky than my absolute requirement suggests - I'm looking for bangernomic motoring so I definitely don't want a project car, however cheap and I've now focussed on private sales, having eliminated trade sales because the extra cost gets little or nothing in the way of warranty at the bangernomic level - I'll cope with routine maintenance and take the risk of a new clutch being needed but any more of a "rebuild" would be pointless for the low mileage that I'll get out of it even over a 5-10 year period.

One thing I have noticed among the private sales on Autotrader is that most are in areas with local lockdowns imposed by the second wave of Covid-19 cases - I guess that other people won't travel into those areas, like me - the other thing I notice is people selling privately at dealer prices, or at least asking those prices.

Clearly, no-one on C1OC is selling at present - which says a lot about their general satisfaction with their cars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:13 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
I just done a whole bunch of writing and it's gone, into the PC dust.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:55 pm 

Drives: 108 Allure
brixtonboy wrote:
I just done a whole bunch of writing and it's gone, into the PC dust.

Rust :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:18 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
It was a very intelligent post actually :lol: Not my usual BS. For example our forum member who has a brother in the trade that missed one of the points. He wants A/C. Although the mileage is very low.
The cat C problem may be a big problem l don't know. I have no knowledge of these repairs, in the U.K.
The Lockdown situation can change by the day, and has holiday makers have been finding out by the hour for some. However there are way one can protect oneself if travelling into a lockdown area. Face masks at all times, disinfectant sprays and tissues and hand washing etc. I'm sure you all know the rules by now. In Germany we have been following them for months.
As an example visiting my girlfriend in hospital last month I was fever tested every visit (daily) and masks must be worn and the visit only lasted 1 hour, between 3&5 pm and the cafeteria was closed.
Safety or what.
At least when you drive to look at a car you are not restricted to 1 hour. But it makes sense to protect yourself and the seller and vice versa.
I wish you all well and that we come through safely.
And you get the car you seek.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm 

Drives: 107
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Aygo- ... SwFGxfbf0r

sounds ok? dont know till you view it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:19 pm 

Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
steveo3002 wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Aygo-Ice-with-FSH-Alloys-and-FREE-WINTER-TYRES/254729500399?hash=item3b4f0fb6ef:g:FYQAAOSwFGxfbf0r

sounds ok? dont know till you view it

That looks ok for someone who's going to be doing a lot of miles - but I'm sorted now - got a 2011 C1 VT for half that price, with double the mileage though.