Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:14 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi Chris, they are of no use to me l’m too far away. But maybe you could hold onto them until bugsb gets his leg sorted, then they can find a new home.
Why not Pm each other? Before they get binned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
C1_OCD wrote:
nlel wrote:
Too cheap

Aha

In which case I would be delighted for anyone to take them off my hands and make a donation to charity, but ai don’t need any cash for them - 6 years use and they owe me nothing,

If no one wants them I will be contacting the local tip to see if they will take them.

Thanks,

Chris

local tip will not take tyres you have to pay to get them taken away
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Funny you writing that, spoke to one of my sons last week, he told me he put a keyboard in a black bin bag with cat litter so the bin men would take it away.
Sometimes he has paid £20 fine for putting things in the wrong bins.
Or just leaving them out for collection.
Here we have a timetable and tell the council what we have and it’s collected on the day, providing we leave it outside naturally.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 am 

Drives: Citroen C1
Chris,

I may have someone who can pick them up tomorrow can you send me a phone number and postcode please.

Thanks
Richard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
bugsb wrote:
local tip will not take tyres you have to pay to get them taken away

And it's this kind of situation that encourages fly tipping.

One time, many years ago, I naively thought that my local tip would take tyres. I took them down and the traditionally cheery British council worker (read miserable bar steward) grunted at me that they don't take tyres. He offered no help or advice so there was I with some rubbish tyres that I needed to get rid of and no real idea of how to do it. The one avenue of waste disposal that I knew about, the people who handle many kinds of waste as their daily business, was refusing to take them and leaving me, the person who doesn't deal with waste disposal regularly, to try and figure it out for myself.

It would have been very easy just to stop at a lay-by on my way home, drop the tyres of and drive away. I didn't though. As I drove away feeling as grumpy as the council man seemed to be, I decided to drive to a local tyre fitting place that I have used quite a lot. I had a chat and they agreed to take the tyres off me and just dispose of them along with the other ones that they were getting rid of anyway.

To continue my rant I know of someone else, via a car owners group, who had a similar experience and his solution was to chop the tyres up with a hacksaw and put them in his regular bin piece by piece. Other people must have had a similar experience because I can find, probably, half a dozen fly-tipped tyres (one of which is a huge tractor tyre) in a small woodland near me.

[edit - fixed typos]

Last edited by Enjay on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
agree with above i have 4 to get rid off i emailed a local firm that collects to recycle from all the tyre outlets/garages willing to pay but no reply